help me get blown?

Introductions, and site info here

help me get blown?

Postby speed_monkey » Sat May 02, 2015 12:30 pm

So I'm tired of dealing with lowballers on my vortech kit I'm selling, just going to put it on. But, I live in an apartment so I dont have the space or tools to do this. :( I love turning wrenches but no way im doing it in the parking lot lol. Anyone that has done a paxton or vortech on a coyote want to help out? If you have space and a day or so to burn I'll pay you and buy lots of beer :D
speed_monkey

Re: help me get blown?

Postby msydow » Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 pm

That's the spirit. Never sell go fast parts until you are certain you are loosing at least half your money. Then it is obviously ridiculous to sell them that cheap so you would be better off installing them. That's my logic anyway. Can't help you with a place to work on it though. My digs are still under construction and I'm living it up in a travel trailer.
2010 CTS-V
2.4" upper
Track Attack H/E
ZL1 lid
Lil NAWZ
msydow

Postby Fiveoh » Sun May 03, 2015 12:34 pm

I've done a Paxton install on mine and helped with part of another. I can lend a hand but don't have a place for ya. I'd count on it being a whole weekend fri-sun.

A few questions:

What exact parts do you have?

Whos tuning it? Do you have a startup tune yet?

Fuel mods?
2011 Mustang GT Auto Candy Red
Boltons.... and a Paxton.
Faster and more power than CB900F
Fiveoh

Postby CB900F » Sun May 03, 2015 12:49 pm

speed_monkey wrote:So I'm tired of dealing with lowballers on my vortech kit I'm selling, just going to put it on. But, I live in an apartment so I dont have the space or tools to do this. :( I love turning wrenches but no way im doing it in the parking lot lol. Anyone that has done a paxton or vortech on a coyote want to help out? If you have space and a day or so to burn I'll pay you and buy lots of beer :D

If you buy the food/beer I would think R8Bill would allow us to use the shop. We can turn it into an install party.
2013 Gray Mustang 5.0
Twin 60mm Turbo's
Enough PSI to beat FiveOh and User_Name

http://facebook.com/600PlusRacing
http://Youtube.com/600PlusRacing
CB900F

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CB900F » Sun May 03, 2015 12:52 pm

speed_monkey wrote:So I'm tired of dealing with lowballers on my vortech kit I'm selling, just going to put it on. But, I live in an apartment so I dont have the space or tools to do this. :( I love turning wrenches but no way im doing it in the parking lot lol. Anyone that has done a paxton or vortech on a coyote want to help out? If you have space and a day or so to burn I'll pay you and buy lots of beer :D

Also, you got a day that you want to do it?
2013 Gray Mustang 5.0
Twin 60mm Turbo's

CB900F

Postby speed_monkey » Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 pm

It's a used tuner kit with new cooling mod kit i bought from vortech and a t bolt kit. For fuel i have id1000's.

Sounds good cb900, sending you a message
speed_monkey

Postby Fiveoh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:41 pm

speed_monkey wrote:It's a used tuner kit with new cooling mod kit i bought from vortech and a t bolt kit. For fuel i have id1000's.

Sounds good cb900, sending you a message

Have you checked to make sure you have every single part? I bought a 2nd hand kit as well and was missing a few. Who's tuning it? What's the "cooling mod kit"? I've never heard of that. Do you have t clamps or stock ones? What about the coolant tank?
Fiveoh

Postby Fiveoh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Is the head unit bracket put together still?
Fiveoh

Postby speed_monkey » Sun May 03, 2015 2:30 pm

The bracket is together. I went through the directions and checked the hardware too. The cooling mod is just all the stuff you need to modify the radiator hoses, fan and other little crap. Tune is aed. For the intercooler piping it came with the stock clamps but i bought a tbolt kit.

I was missing a few nuts and stuff but i got new ones and i have almost a full second set of hardware lol. Also got a few little things like a brass t fitting for the coolant tank instead of the plastic that comes with it.
speed_monkey

Postby CB900F » Sun May 03, 2015 2:34 pm

speed_monkey wrote:The bracket is together. I went through the directions and checked the hardware too. The cooling mod is just all the stuff you need to modify the radiator hoses, fan and other little crap. Tune is aed. For the intercooler piping it came with the stock clamps but i bought a tbolt kit.

I was missing a few nuts and stuff but i got new ones and i have almost a full second set of hardware lol. Also got a few little things like a brass t fitting for the coolant tank instead of the plastic that comes with it.

Sounds pretty complete!
2013 Gray Mustang 5.0
Twin 60mm Turbo's

CB900F

Next

Return to The Basics